xenforo dead> ???

DareSec

Inforc3r
Staff member
Administrator
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

I haven't seen any update regarding xf.2.3 , things not going well.after mike [dev]left

whats your opinion,? will xenforo survive?

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Yes let’s all move to phpbb

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

I haven't seen any update regarding xf.2.3 , things not going well.after mike [dev]left

whats your opinion,? will xenforo survive?
DareSecYes it will survive, there are so many users who are changing from other forum software to xenforo.

UNKNOWN PH

RUSH ARMY
Registered

There are a lot of users of XenForo who pay for it. There are other people who use different scripts like PHPBB, MyBB, etc., but they have switched to XenForo, so I think everything will be okay and there won't be any problems. There are many developers in the world, so it's unlikely that XenForo's efforts will go to waste.

Zer01ne

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

So, I will somewhat unofficially address some things that have been mentioned in this thread.

While we take on board the feedback about lack of communication, it wouldn’t really change where we are today, nor would it have necessarily directly addressed any of the conspiracy theories.
  • Mike left towards the end of the completion of the Cloud platform to which he contributed to.
  • Mike has not been happy as a developer (in general) for many years and he has taken extended breaks during the last few years.
  • There are no rifts between any members of the XF team.
  • XF continues to be independent and there has been no sale of involvement from anyone else.
  • We have been working daily on XF 2.3 and while it has taken longer than we wanted it is already not short of new features with some still in development.
  • if it takes another 9 months or more until we’re ready to show things then that’s how long it will take. We have work to do and we will complete that to our usual high standards before we feel ready to show it.
  • There is a significant change coming in 2.3 which I don’t want to give too much away about right now but it’s been in development and has been for the majority of 2022. It will be worth the wait but it isn’t ready to show you yet.
  • Meanwhile a lot of my time was taken up in 2022 on boarding new cloud customers, managing imports and migrations myself, performing a lot of the work around that and developing processes for those services and working on related tools for Cloud management. Most of this work is now complete and we’re working on handing the service side of Cloud over to support staff. I intend for the majority of my time in 2023 to be focused on XF 2.3 and planning for XF 2.4.
  • Comments about lack of communication notwithstanding, and as I say we do take that on board, it’s important to note that while the customers who post here we value deeply for your patience, long time patronage, and contributions you make here be that providing support, resource contributions, bug reporting, feedback/suggestions - everything you do; we still only see a relatively small portion of our customers here. While it might seem like everyone is angry at us and everyone has their pitchforks out and they’re battering our door down for news on XF 2.3, it just isn’t the case. Should we be quicker? Yes. Should we be more communicative? Yes. Are we losing customers because of it, is business suffering? No.
If I have missed anything specific that you feel needs addressing, let me know, but I hope that is it for now. Please stop the conspiracy theories or imagining some dramatic plot twist. It just isn’t there. We’ll continue working and work as hard and as quickly as we can to get 2.3 in your hands. We want that probably more than you do.

- Chris D
XenForo developer.​

DareSec

Inforc3r
Staff member
Administrator
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

So, I will somewhat unofficially address some things that have been mentioned in this thread.

While we take on board the feedback about lack of communication, it wouldn’t really change where we are today, nor would it have necessarily directly addressed any of the conspiracy theories.
  • Mike left towards the end of the completion of the Cloud platform to which he contributed to.
  • Mike has not been happy as a developer (in general) for many years and he has taken extended breaks during the last few years.
  • There are no rifts between any members of the XF team.
  • XF continues to be independent and there has been no sale of involvement from anyone else.
  • We have been working daily on XF 2.3 and while it has taken longer than we wanted it is already not short of new features with some still in development.
  • if it takes another 9 months or more until we’re ready to show things then that’s how long it will take. We have work to do and we will complete that to our usual high standards before we feel ready to show it.
  • There is a significant change coming in 2.3 which I don’t want to give too much away about right now but it’s been in development and has been for the majority of 2022. It will be worth the wait but it isn’t ready to show you yet.
  • Meanwhile a lot of my time was taken up in 2022 on boarding new cloud customers, managing imports and migrations myself, performing a lot of the work around that and developing processes for those services and working on related tools for Cloud management. Most of this work is now complete and we’re working on handing the service side of Cloud over to support staff. I intend for the majority of my time in 2023 to be focused on XF 2.3 and planning for XF 2.4.
  • Comments about lack of communication notwithstanding, and as I say we do take that on board, it’s important to note that while the customers who post here we value deeply for your patience, long time patronage, and contributions you make here be that providing support, resource contributions, bug reporting, feedback/suggestions - everything you do; we still only see a relatively small portion of our customers here. While it might seem like everyone is angry at us and everyone has their pitchforks out and they’re battering our door down for news on XF 2.3, it just isn’t the case. Should we be quicker? Yes. Should we be more communicative? Yes. Are we losing customers because of it, is business suffering? No.
If I have missed anything specific that you feel needs addressing, let me know, but I hope that is it for now. Please stop the conspiracy theories or imagining some dramatic plot twist. It just isn’t there. We’ll continue working and work as hard and as quickly as we can to get 2.3 in your hands. We want that probably more than you do.

- Chris D
XenForo developer.​
Zer01nexenforo making fools of his customers. fake promises.