XenForo 2.0 Working on OGUsers Replica for ENXF (WIP)

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Hey,

I have been bored recently, and I thought about recreating the Original OGUsers theme for XenForo 2.0. I started the work roughly 2 days ago and wanted to share my progress on the development.

I am not sure yet, what I do with it when I am done, but would you like to see it exclusively released here? If yes, then lemme know under this post! Reason why I am doing this, is to practice my frontend skills.

There are a few elements which are not 1:1 looking alike since it's not MyBB, but still it looks as close as possible as of yet. I would also use this topic to post any updates regarding the theme.

I also know, that most people don't like the take, because those nulled forum themes are getting copied over and over again, but I think, it would be a great release because there's not a singly XenForo theme that looks as clean as OGU.

3Ex9MtQ.png

gPF72dA.png

Things which still needs to be worked on
  • Navbar logic/functionality (Frontend done, backend missing)
  • Forum View/Node List not fully completed (50% Done)
  • Postbit Styling
  • Post View Styling
  • Profile Page
  • Login Page
  • Register Page
  • Help / Misc Page
  • Upgrade Page
  • And a few more things which I can't recall right now
Also note, it's impossible to share the entire theme when done, cause a few pages won't be included in the actual theme, since you can't share nodes. That's why I will most likely share the markup part then in single html files - The CSS will be included in the theme.

Cheers.

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

Hey,

I have been bored recently, and I thought about recreating the Original OGUsers theme for XenForo 2.0. I started the work roughly 2 days ago and wanted to share my progress on the development.

I am not sure yet, what I do with it when I am done, but would you like to see it exclusively released here? If yes, then lemme know under this post! Reason why I am doing this, is to practice my frontend skills.

There are a few elements which are not 1:1 looking alike since it's not MyBB, but still it looks as close as possible as of yet. I would also use this topic to post any updates regarding the theme.

I also know, that most people don't like the take, because those nulled forum themes are getting copied over and over again, but I think, it would be a great release because there's not a singly XenForo theme that looks as clean as OGU.

3Ex9MtQ.png

gPF72dA.png

Things which still needs to be worked on
  • Navbar logic/functionality (Frontend done, backend missing)
  • Forum View/Node List not fully completed (50% Done)
  • Postbit Styling
  • Post View Styling
  • Profile Page
  • Login Page
  • Register Page
  • Help / Misc Page
  • Upgrade Page
  • And a few more things which I can't recall right now
Also note, it's impossible to share the entire theme when done, cause a few pages won't be included in the actual theme, since you can't share nodes. That's why I will most likely share the markup part then in single html files - The CSS will be included in the theme.

Cheers.
WaduhekNice work so far, would be nice if you could share some tutorials on how to create such themes ;) for our community

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Nice work so far, would be nice if you could share some tutorials on how to create such themes ;) for our community
BattleKingYeah well, let's see. Right now it's mostly just copy pasting the OGU frontend and applying it onto a default xf theme.
I know it can be frustrating trying the same when you don't have that kind of knowledge, so I might do some tutorials in the future.

The hard part here is adapting to the the xenforo syntax and it's core systems, like vars and stuff.

View previous replies…

ForumFlake

Registered

Yeah well, let's see. Right now it's mostly just copy pasting the OGU frontend and applying it onto a default xf theme.
I know it can be frustrating trying the same when you don't have that kind of knowledge, so I might do some tutorials in the future.

The hard part here is adapting to the the xenforo syntax and it's core systems, like vars and stuff.
WaduhekI just have a question it might seem off-topic, But do you happen to know how to do postbit cover for admins/mods/upgrades only? so all members does not have function of using it.

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

ForumFlake

Registered

You can control postbit cover with a custom userfield.

In combination with permissions addon: https://enxf.net/resources/custom-fields-permissions.221/
So you can limit the permissions to specific usergroups, for example premium users.
WaduhekOne more question, Would you know how to add a category for custom user fields? so instead of just having contact, prefences etc. I would like to add a 4th option like Upgrade only or something like that. for example. So on your site, you have Profile, and it displays 2 things from my screen.

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

ShieldX

Registered

Just wow , you also make addon ? or you only work on Theme customization ?

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Update:

• Member Profile done (Only Profile Cover functionality missing, working on that next week)
VXCosZr.png

ShieldX

Registered

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Update:
  • Thread View / Postbit done
5kkwKdf.png

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Update:
  • Help Page done (Recreated the styling and added a proper hover effect on the cards)
ggwUaSq.gif

• Thread List Styling adjustments
Before:

iUmeqr4.png

After:

PyhkXoU.gif

ForumFlake

Registered

Update:
  • Help Page done (Recreated the styling and added a proper hover effect on the cards)
ggwUaSq.gif

• Thread List Styling adjustments
Before:

iUmeqr4.png

After:

PyhkXoU.gif
WaduhekThis is tough. What's your plan on this theme? Are you just gonna keep it private or you releasing it?

View previous replies…

ShieldX

Registered

nice theme buddy release it :)