Xenforo 2.1 User Upgrade (Groups)

Soul02

Registered

Hey guys, so I am wondering when you use User Upgrades like I am, (User Upgrade Pro) how do you set the groups up properly?

All my members join as (User) and then I have advanced groups above that, but only 3 such groups you can purchase, for example (group1), (group2), and (group3). My problem is, when someone purchases an Account Upgrade (group1) for example, they get moved to (group1) BUT still in the (User) group which I don't want them to be in. The thing is (group1) has no ads, it is part of the upgrade package, so when members upgrade they can still see ads unless I remove them from the (user) group manually and put them into (group1) defeating the purpose of the plugin. The plugin moves them to a secondary group), while the user upgrade is active, but how to move them to ONE group alone and leave the other so? I know you can do this by adding (user) to the upgrades, but then that will be shown on the Account Upgrades page which is not what I want. Any help, please?

TIA

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

So here is the thing will work. Whenever user upgrades take place, it just ads the second user group to the account.

So if the permission which shows ads is like this : Show Ads : Yes No Never

Than for the upgraded usergroup , set the Show ads permission to Never, that way, even if the user have basic usergroup, but when he is upgraded, he won't see any ads.

If the permission which shows ads is like this : Hide Ads : Yes No Never,

Than keep it yes in the upgraded usergroup, which will prevent the ads from being shown to User upgrades.

Soul02

Registered

Hey @Soft4Win thanks for the reply.

First off, I forgot to mention I am using the default "Setup > Advertising". There are no such permissions for (Show Ads: Yes No Never). I had thought this and checked everywhere, the only I have is (Display Criteria) and that is set right.

User (ads)
Supreme (no ads)

But if a member is in BOTH groups due to the upgrade (secondary) it is really carrying over both permissions lol. This is why I am asking for help to see how others did it. :)

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Than try this, instead of selecting whom ads should be shown, go for the following option :

User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups

And select the groups to whom you don't want to show ads.

Soul02

Registered

User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups
I thought this too, I will give it a go, I thought maybe it still wouldn't work as it classes still the primary group which would be User right?
Anyways I will give it a go and let you know, thanks. :)