help about xenforo technically

Romay

Registered

someone who knows how xenforo technically works to ask you a question, the question is if you know which file contains the address of the post attachments, it is not where they are, but the file that tells those files that there are

Romay

Registered

i don't say database i say php file or in what this

Romay

Registered

It seems to me that it is in this address \ src \ XF \ Stats \ Attachment.php anyone know how I could change that for another route?

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

If you are just looking to change the route of attachment url, than you can use the route filter, in Setup -> Route Filter in Admin Panel

src/XF/Pub/Controller/Attachment.php handles all the controller actions for attachments in frontend.

Romay

Registered

Let's see brother what I want to do that the message is the post, go to a place where there are only the attachments of the post, make me understand why? Because I don't have a lot of space on the server and I delete the files every so often, that is, the files in the gallery, groups, etc., but since all the attachments are linked, I have to delete them all, and I would like to leave the attachments of the posts, do I understand?

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

What you need is change the storage location to external storage (cloud). Is it right?

Romay

Registered

not in the same server but that the attachments of the post do not go to the same place that the attachments of the group gallery etc.

thomsa

Staff member
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

xenforo use cron for delete file. wait for that

Romay

Registered

Those plugins do not work for me because at the same time I do that, the attachments of the plugins (group gallery etc) will go to another direction but all together, and what I want is to separate the attachments of the post from the other attachments it's the only thing I want

zeus1971

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

@Romay mhhh not sure about that. I think that the path of attachments in XFMG is different. ( /XFMG/...) from normal attachments in post.

Soft4Win

Developer
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

In AdminCP you can go to :- /admin.php?attachments/ , here you will see attachments, and you can filter them aswell.

and each one of them already have different folders, inside data/ :-

attachments - It holds all the attachments, from posts, threads, conversations etc..
avatars - It holds all the avatars
xfmg - it will hold content of media gallery

similarly all others will have their own directory in most cases.

Last edited:

Romay

Registered

or I didn't know that one, can you explain how to filter them brother so that each attachment takes different routes?

Romay

Registered

@zeus1971

which of the 2 plugin is the one that only moves the xenforo attachments and not the plugin?