Bonus point system

boo

Registered

Users will gain points for each resource they share with the community. With these points users could purchase temp access to other resources.

You could use dbtech shop for the currency & temp access based off usergroup permissions. You could also use an attachment addon to limit the amount a user can download.

Imo this would increase:

Users sharing resources.
User activity.

Last edited:

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Users will gain points for each resource they share with the community. With these points users could purchase temp access to other resources.

You could use dbtech shop for the currency & temp access based off usergroup permissions. You could also use an attachment addon to limit the amount a user can download.

Imo this would increase:

Users sharing resources.
User activity.
booOne problem with this tho is: Resources needs to be approved manually.

This is a 100% must, because otherwise people can just upload backdoored addons and therefore our users are not safe anymore.

boo

Registered

One problem with this tho is: Resources needs to be approved manually.

This is a 100% must, because otherwise people can just upload backdoored addons and therefore our users are not safe anymore.
SplichoThey could be placed into the moderators queue. If staff members are mostly updating resource now it can't be more work doing it this way.

This would be a unique approach for a site like this, I've never seen it done before. Just an idea :)

aab985030

Registered

You could increase moderators and then if someone posts malicious content few warnings and then a ban. Just means mods got to be on their toes keeping junk out. Or a group to check an area before release to public where plugins could be uploaded to. If that makes sense.

You got to keep down spam while increasing downloadable safe resources.

I love the donations idea !

aab985030

Registered

This would be ideal. As someone who has started to share it would put me off sharing stuff if there wasn't an incentive for me to do so.