I asked chatgpt to create an xenforo addon for me.

Cumminator

Registered

I asked chatgpt to create an addon for me for xenforo 2.3. but what it did seemed right at first but when i compare it to actual addon file folder structures are different. I dont think it will work. Can anyone make it work?

My prompt:

Can you develop a xenforo addon for me? The plugin should have functionality to automatically change xenforo thread url on bulk, automatically every 24hours, by adding 6 character random alphanumeric string at the end of the thread title and use - as separator. Also the plugin should set 301 parmanent redirect to the last 4 old urls of the threads to the newly set url of each post when changed. All these functionality and a ui to control, random string length and separator, url change time by hours and how many post urls change at once in a single cronjob using xenforo's inbuild cronjob. Addon must be compatible with the new xenforo 2.3 and php 8.2 and above. Addon must be a installable zip package for xenforo 2.3, i can zip it myself, you give me necessary codes files and folder path to do it. Generate a thorough step by step guide to do it.

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

It won’t work because GPT only got quite a lot experience with XenForo 1. It lacks XF2 knowledge.

Also when you prompt and ask simple template mod stuff like showing certain things to certain usergroups, it returns answer that contain XF1 Tags, like <xen:elseif /> (XF1) instead of <xf:elseif />, which is for XF2.

And on top of that, there is like close to zero resources publicly, where ChatGPT could reference from. Xenforo documentation is dogshit, lacks information for developers, GitHub lacks xenforo addons that are up to date, xenforo official forums lacking info on addons…

Everything in combination is the reason why ChatGPT sucks with XenForo in general.

Last edited:

Cumminator

Registered

Understood.. is there any ai model who can fetch recent data and give me code based on it?