how to clean install xenforo without losing data

mtumbady

Registered

i have xenforo in stalled but seems things are not okay, now i want to reinstall without lost anything because my website is big and i have some important thing that i do not want to lost

thomsa

Staff member
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

i have xenforo in stalled but seems things are not okay, now i want to reinstall without lost anything because my website is big and i have some important thing that i do not want to lost
mtumbadyFresh install and import data from old.
Note. Install add-on same old site.

mtumbady

Registered

mtumbady

Registered

i installed importer but not see option to export so that i will install fresh then import

thomsa

Staff member
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

i installed importer but not see option to export so that i will install fresh then import
mtumbadyfresh install in sub domain and import data from old.
Note. Install add-on same old site

Pr0fesseur

Staff member
+Lifetime VIP+
V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

1. Install ALL addons on new site that the old site has (even if youre not going to use them) The database needs ALL tables to be there so youll need the old plugins to do the merge.
2. Use the Xenforo importer found here https://enxf.cc/resources/xenforo-importers-1-5-2-released-xfi-2-2-enxf.60/
3. You must be able to connect to the OLD DB to do the import. Create a BACKUP of your DB in case the import fails you need to flush it and retry.
4. if you have Resources you need to place both your data and internal_data folders in old.yourwebsite.com folder in the root public directory to import all the resources and attachments.