xF2 Template Modification How can insert a design above.

Almighty

Registered

As the title says, how i can insert a design on the top of my forum, to be exact, here:
putbannerhere2.jpg

Like this for example:
examplebanner.jpg

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Send a link to your forum, hard to help without any visual preview of your theme.

Almighty

Registered

View previous replies…

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

AlmightyOr you can do that.

Go to Appearance > Styles > Your Theme > Templates > PAGE_CONTAINER

Add this after <div class="offCanvasMenu offCanvasMenu--nav js-headerOffCanvasMenu"...> Block

HTML:
<div class="page_hero"></div>

1715550493755.png

So it looks like this

Save.

Go to extra.less and add the following

CSS:
.page_hero {
    background: url(https://www.nintendo.com/eu/media/images/10_share_images/games_15/nintendo_switch_download_software_1/H2x1_NSwitchDS_LostInRandom.jpg);
    background-size: cover;
    background-position: center;
    height: 200px;
}

Replace url with the image of your choice.

brave_6UVYQei4XS.jpg

Almighty

Registered

You didn't sent me a new message, but I just posted the instructions to do on your own ^^
SplichoIt doesn't work, it's not showing the banner. I followed the steps like you said. @Splicho

Edit: I had put the code in the wrong part, excuse me. Now, I have another question about the same thing. It leaves a lot of space, how can I reduce it, below I show you the space it leaves.
muchoespacio.jpg

As you can see, it leaves a lot of space. How can I reduce? I marked it in a red rectangle. @Splicho

Last edited:

proxybunker

Registered

It doesn't work, it's not showing the banner. I followed the steps like you said. @Splicho

Edit: I had put the code in the wrong part, excuse me. Now, I have another question about the same thing. It leaves a lot of space, how can I reduce it, below I show you the space it leaves.
View attachment 40524

As you can see, it leaves a lot of space. How can I reduce? I marked it in a red rectangle. @Splicho
Almightyyou can add this to the template: extra.less

CSS:
.p-body-inner {
    padding-top: 25px;
    padding-bottom: 60px;
}

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

It doesn't work, it's not showing the banner. I followed the steps like you said. @Splicho

View attachment 40524

AlmightyGo to app_body.less

brave_t0miG0ErBT.png

padding-top: 50px;

Almighty

Registered

Go to app_body.less

View attachment 40525

padding-top: 50px;
SplichoIt's done, Is there any addon or something like that makes adaptation of the forum on mobile? I mean that on mobile obviously the XenForo looks different, while on the site that you see in one of the screenshots, it looks fine.

My forum on Mobile:
1001515132.jpg

Another forum, on Mobile:
1001515131.jpg

@Splicho @proxybunker

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

wallas

Collaborate
Collaborate
Registered

It's done, Is there any addon or something like that makes adaptation of the forum on mobile? I mean that on mobile obviously the XenForo looks different, while on the site that you see in one of the screenshots, it looks fine.

My forum on Mobile:
View attachment 40526

Another forum, on Mobile:
View attachment 40527

@Splicho @proxybunker
AlmightyUnfortunately, the theme you have chosen is quite poor, it does not provide any extra functions. If you want the more serious side, it will take a lot of time and a lot. If I were you, I would make friends with one of the ThemeHouse themes. They have tons of extra features and most of their add-ons are free or readily available.

Splicho

Emudevs.gg Owner
Staff member
Collaborate
Registered

Unfortunately, the theme you have chosen is quite poor, it does not provide any extra functions. If you want the more serious side, it will take a lot of time and a lot. If I were you, I would make friends with one of the ThemeHouse themes. They have tons of extra features and most of their add-ons are free or readily available.
wallasExact, I'm recommending DohTheme. Always using their Solfege theme as base for my themes.