Released 2x Help Unable to restore database because on new Hosting.

ShieldX

Registered

my xenforo is 2.2 and i have databsase ,recently my shared hossting give and unable to handle the load , so i want to shift to vps. i dont want to create forum from new , so i want to restore everything how it iwll happened , i never done this in my life ..

ShieldX

Registered

i was using old hosting and i take a backup of my files tar and .sql files to restore on new hosting , and now i bought namecheap , but when i go create Database its prefix is : shiedkds_ problem is database will not work until name should be same of database , my backup database name is : shieldf1_sxlse

so how should i avoid : making this shiedkds_shieldf1_sxlse its generating in name cheap , until it should become , shieldf1_sxlse my database will not work. so what is the solutions...

SEE IN THE IMAGE :

1662993629223.jpg

Rakano

Registered

I have 2 method to do that .

1- download notepad++ and once you open it , press CTRL +F
3F1vjsW.png

in directory , select all project and replace all .

2- You can edit your config.php and modify it with the new database and import your database with phpmyadmin

ShieldX

Registered

I have 2 method to do that .

1- download notepad++ and once you open it , press CTRL +F
3F1vjsW.png

in directory , select all project and replace all .

2- You can edit your config.php and modify it with the new database and import your database with phpmyadmin
Rakano2nd method i understand ,but what you explain in 1st method goes above my mind , you didnt mention which file need to be editted in 1st method or i dont get much , by the way i have successfully restored but issue is coming when i am clicking on any link or checking any post 404 , mean nor thread are not showing...giving 404 error , just click on any content you will get 404 error ,

1663001513019.png

View previous replies…

BattleKing

Spirit of darkness
Staff member
Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

2nd method i understand ,but what you explain in 1st method goes above my mind , you didnt mention which file need to be editted in 1st method or i dont get much , by the way i have successfully restored but issue is coming when i am clicking on any link or checking any post 404 , mean nor thread are not showing...giving 404 error , just click on any content you will get 404 error ,

View attachment 30420
ShieldXYou created a backup file xyz.sql in there at the beginning the database name will be mentioned, this need to be changed to the new one you have created

Example:

CREATE DATABASE /*!32312 IF NOT EXISTS*/ `xshield_db` /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb3 */;

USE `xshield_db`;

xshield_db need to be changed to the new name.

ShieldX

Registered

You created a backup file xyz.sql in there at the beginning the database name will be mentioned, this need to be changed to the new one you have created

Example:

CREATE DATABASE /*!32312 IF NOT EXISTS*/ `xshield_db` /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb3 */;

USE `xshield_db`;

xshield_db need to be changed to the new name.
BattleKingproblem solved , forum is working now but , click on any post or thread giving 404 please check what the issue ,

Site : https://shieldforum.in/

thomsa

Staff member
S.V.I.P Member
Collaborate
Registered

actaully problem getting when i enable friendly url , and because it hiding index.php so it giving 404 eerror with all post , when i disable friendlly URL it all posts works.
ShieldXnew host use litespeed webserver ?

shqawe

Registered

The best thing i would to do if i'm in same situation to as the VPS host company to do this process and i think all the hosting company give this service as free service.